Game Preview: Stars at Amerks, 2/20/2013
Tonight marks the first of two meetings between the league leading Texas Stars (Dallas Stars) and the Rochester Americans. Last season the Amerks were 1-1-0-0 against the Stars, and 1-0-0-0 at home. The Amerks will be looking to put the memory of two unspectacular losses at home over the weekend behind them. After the jump you’ll find a few notable statistics.
- Amerks: 48 GP 27-18-2-1, Currently 7th in the Western Conference
- Stars: 51 GP 30-13-4-4, Currently 1st in the Western Conference and 1st in the AHL
Streaks: (Last 10 games.)
- Amerks: 7-3-0-0
- Stars: 6-1-1-2
- Amerks: 164 GF (2nd in AHL to the Syracuse Crunch’s 175), 140 GA
- Stars: 147 GF, 127 GA
- Amerks: 744 PIM, 193 PKs, 28 PPGA, 85.5 PK%, 6 SHGF, Currently 5th in the league
- Stars: 667 PIM, 207 PKs, 38 PPGA, 81.6 PK%, 7 SHGF, Currently 21st in the league
- Amerks: 218 PP chances, 47 PP Goals, 21.6 PP%, 7 SHGA, Currently 3rd in the league
- Stars: 207 PP chances, 45 PP Goals, 21.7 PP%, 3 SHGA, Currently 2nd in the league
Goalies: (* indicates projected starter.)
- Amerks: David Leggio*, 40 GP 26-11-2-1, 2.68 GAA, 0.919 SV%, 108 GA, Saves: 1225 of 1333, 2 SO
- Amerks: Nathan Lieuwen (Rookie), 1 GP 0-1-0-0, 4.00 GAA, 0.810 SV%, 4 GA, Saves: 17 of 21
- Stars: Jack Campbell (Rookie)*: 23 GP 10-6-?-3, 2.53 GAA, 0.909 SV%, 48 GA, Saves: 481 of 529, 2 SO
- Stars: Tyler Beskorowany, 0 GP
Forwards & Defensemen: (Points, Goals, Shots) (Excludes shootouts)
- Amerks: 27/29 have points, 23/27 have goals, 160 goals on 1464 SOG by 26 players (0.109 Shot %)
- Stars: 25/31 have points, 23/31 have goals, 143 goals on 1596 SOG taken by 30 players (0.090 Shot %)
Of course Ron Rolston could mess with us all and decide (for whatever insane reason) to start Nathan Lieuwen against the Stars, but I doubt that he would be silly enough to try that again. Root for Jack Campbell when he wears USA gear all you want, but tonight the Amerks goal should be to light him up like a truck full of candles.
I’ll be in my usual seat in Section 114, Row G, so feel free to stop by and have an awkward conversation if you’re at the game.
Tonight’s game song is “Mosties” by Latvian Death/Thrash Metal band Deodium. I have no clue what they’re singing, but I dig the tune.