Game Preview: Bulldogs at Amerks, 11/2/2012
Tonight is the second meeting of the season between the Hamilton Bulldogs (Canadiens) and the Rochester Americans. In their last meeting at the First Niagara Center, the Amerks made quite an impression on their way to a 3-1 win. The Amerks are 4-0-1-0 in their last 5 games. After a comeback against the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, and an emotional loss with seconds remaining in overtime, the Amerks are coming off of another convincing win against the Adirondack Phantoms (Flyers). How will they fare tonight? Let’s look at some numbers to see how both teams are doing.
- Amerks: 8GP 5-2-1-0, Currently 5th in the Western Conference
- Bulldogs: 6GP 3-2-1-0 Currently 9th in the Western Conference
Goals: (Shootout Goals Excluded)
- Amerks: 32 GF, 29 GA
- Bulldogs: 14 GF, 18 GA
- Amerks: 170 PIM, 44 PKs, 10 PPGA, 77.3 PK%, 1 (EN) SHGF, Currently 21st in the league
- Bulldogs: 109 PIM, 28 PKs, 4 PPGA, 85.7 PK%, 0 SHGF, Currently 9th in the league
- Amerks: 48 PP chances, 12 PP Goals, 25.0 PP%, 1 (EN) SHGA, Currently 5th in the league
- Bulldogs: 28 PP chances, 3 PP Goals, 10.7 PP%, 1 SHGA, Currently 25th in the league
Goalies: (Numbers in parenthesis indicate rank. * indicates projected starter. If less than 60 Minutes played no rank is given.)
- Amerks: David Leggio*, 5 GP 3-2-0-0, 3.46 GAA (43/61), 0.898SV% (32/61), 29 GA (62/62), Saves: 246 of 274 (1/62)
- Amerks: Connor Knapp (Rookie), Probably never playing a game this season unless Leggio is injured or gets pulled.
- Bulldogs: Robert Mayer*: 4 GP 3-1-0-0, 2.46 GAA (21/61), 0.916 SV% (19/61), 8 GA (Number better than 61/62), Saves: 87 of 95 (32/61)
- Bulldogs: Peter Delmas (Rookie), 3 GP 0-2-0-0, 3.49 GAA (44/61), 0.865 SV% (52/61), 10 GA (Number better than 61/62), Saves: 64 of 74 (41/62)
Forwards & Defensemen: (Points, Goals, Shots) (Minimum 1GP)
- Amerks: 20/23 have points, 15/20 have goals, 32 goals on 255 SOG by 23 players (0.125 Shot %)
- Bulldogs: 17/21 have points, 9/17 have goals, 14 goals on 203 taken by 21 players (0.069 Shot %)
Forwards & Defensemen: Rookie Skaters (Minimum 1GP)
- Amerks: 4 forwards, 1 defenseman. 2G, 5A, 35 SOG
- Bulldogs: 4 forwards, 5 defenseman. 3G, 12A, 97 SOG
Of course the above could all be rendered moot by the coaches using a player they haven’t used yet, or switching up goalies. We’ll find out come game time tonight. The Amerks have only one player who has yet to play in a game, right wing Jon Parker (#FreeParker). Perhaps he will see some ice tonight, but Rolston doesn’t usually like to change lineups after a win.
I’ll be in my usual seat (Section 114, Row G, Seat 13), so feel free to stop by and have an awkward conversation. Either that or creep me from afar, whichever you prefer.
Tonight’s game song is “Through My Veins” by Ancient Bards.
In Rolston we trust.