Game Preview: Amerks at Penguins, 10/26/2012
Normally I reserve game previews for games I’m attending, but seeing that the next Amerks home game isn’t until next week, I thought I would drop some knowledge on you. Tonight marks the first of two meetings between the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins (Penguins) and the Rochester Americans. Last season the Amerks were 0-1-0-1 against the Penguins and 0-0-0-1 on the road. Will the Amerks be able to win their fourth game in a row? Well, I certainly hope they will.
I’ll spare you the boring words and skip directly to the numbers.
- Amerks: 6 GP 4-2-0-0, Currently 4th in the Western Conference
- Penguins: 4 GP 0-4-0-0 Currently 15th in the Eastern Conference (30th in the league)
Goals: (Shootout Goals Excluded)
- Amerks: 22 GF, 22 GA
- Penguins: 6 GF, 12 GA
- Amerks: 120 PIM, 32 PKs, 9 PPGA, 71.9 PK%, 0 SHGF, Currently 26th in the league
- Penguins: 82 PIM, 27 PKs, 3 PPGA, 88.9 PK%, 0 SHGF, Currently 5th in the league
- Amerks: 33 PP chances, 10 PP Goals, 30.3 PP%, 1 (EN) SHGA, Currently 4th (!!!) in the league
- Penguins: 24 PP chances, 3 PP Goals, 12.5 PP%, 0 SHGA, Currently 21st in the league
Goalies: (Numbers in parenthesis indicate rank. * indicates projected starter. If less than 60 Minutes played no rank is given)
- Amerks: David Leggio*, 6 GP 4-2-0-0, 3.48 GAA (40/54), 0.902SV% (26/54), 21 GA (54/54), Saves: 193 of 214 (1/57)
- Amerks: Connor Knapp (Rookie), ???
- Penguins: Brad Thiessen, 1 GP 0-1-0-0, 3.01 GAA (27/54), 0.844 SV% (47/54), 3 GA (Number better than 54/54), Saves: 19 of 22 (54/57)
- Penguins: Jeff Zatkoff*, 3 GP 0-3-0-0, 3.07 GAA (34/54), 0.875 SV% (41/54), 9 GA (Number better than 54/54), Saves: 63 of 72 (27/57)
Forwards & Defensemen: (Points, Goals, Shots) (Minimum 1GP)
- Amerks: 17/22 have points, 13/17 have goals, 22 goals on 170 SOG by 22 players (0.129 Shot %)
- Penguins: 11/23 have points, 5/11 have goals, 6 goals on 124 SOG taken by 19 players (0.048 Shot %)
Forwards & Defensemen: Rookie Skaters (Minimum 1GP)
- Amerks: 4 forwards, 1 defenseman. 2G, 3A, 31 SOG (0.065 Shot %)
- Penguins: 2 forwards, 2 defensemen. 1G, 4A, 23 SOG (0.043 Shot %)
Of course the above could all be rendered moot by the coaches using a player they haven’t used yet, or switching up goalies. We’ll find out come game time tonight. The Amerks have only two skaters who have yet to play in a game, Nick Crawford (D) and Jon Parker (RW). Perhaps one of them will see some action tonight, but that is doubtful unless someone is injured or sick.
Keys to the Game:
- Amerks: Play defense, score goals, and have your goalie stop some pucks. (That’s some hard-hitting analysis right there, folks.)
- Penguins: Keep on sucking.
No game song for road games, but here’s a delightful gif instead!
In Coach Rolston we trust.