Game Preview: Bulldogs at Amerks, 10/23/2012
Tonight marks the first meeting of the season between the Hamilton Bulldogs (Canadiens) and the Rochester Americans. During the 2011-12 season the Amerks were 3-5-1-1 overall against the Bulldogs and 2-2-0-1 against them at home. If you weren’t already aware, tonight’s game will be held at First Niagara Center. I’m sure that you can still get tickets, and I encourage you to do so. Every seat filled by an Amerks or Sabres fan is one less seat that is available to Bulldogs and Canadiens fans!I’ll spare you the boring words and skip directly to the numbers.
- Amerks: 5GP 3-2-0-0, Currently 5th in the Western Conference
- Bulldogs: 3GP 2-1-0-0 Currently 8th in the Western Conference
Goals: (Shootout Goals Excluded)
- Amerks: 19 GF, 20 GA
- Bulldogs: 7 GF, 9 GA
- Amerks: 112 PIM, 30 PKs, 9 PPGA, 70 PK%, 0 SHGF, Currently 27th in the league
- Bulldogs: 79 PIM, 16 PKs, 2 PPGA, 87.5 PK%, 0 SHGF, Currently 9th in the league
- Amerks: 29 PP chances, 9 PP Goals, 31.0 PP%, 1 (EN) SHGA, Currently 4th (!!!) in the league
- Bulldogs: 17 PP chances, 1 PP Goals, 5.9 PP%, 1 SHGA, Currently 29th in the league
Goalies: (Numbers in parenthesis indicate rank. * indicates projected starter. If less than 60 Minutes played no rank is given)
- Amerks: David Leggio*, 5 GP 3-2-0-0, 3.97 GAA (42/53), 0.887SV% (34/53), 20 GA (53/53), Saves: 157 of 177 (1/53)
- Amerks: Connor Knapp (Rookie), ???
- Bulldogs: Robert Mayer*: 3 GP 2-1-0-0, 3.11 GAA (36/53), 0.894 SV% (31/53), 7 GA (Number better than 53/53), Saves: 59 of 66 (27/53)
- Bulldogs: Peter Delmas (Rookie), 1 GP 0-0-0-0, 2.42 GAA, 0.889 SV%, 2 GA, Saves: 16 of 18
Forwards & Defensemen: (Points, Goals, Shots) (Minimum 1GP)
- Amerks: 16/22 have points, 11/16 have goals, 19 goals on 138 SOG by 22 players (0.138 Shot %)
- Bulldogs: 14/18 have points, 5/14 have goals, 7 goals on 97 SOG taken by 17 players (0.072 Shot %)
Forwards & Defensemen: Rookie Skaters (Minimum 1GP)
- Amerks: 4 forwards, 1 defenseman. 2G, 3A, 24 SOG
- Bulldogs: 3 forwards, 4 defenseman. 0G, 4A, 32 SOG
Of course the above could all be rendered moot by the coaches using a player they haven’t used yet, or switching up goalies. We’ll find out come game time tonight. The Amerks have only two skaters who have yet to play in a game, Nick Crawford (D) and Jon Parker (RW). Perhaps one of them will see some action tonight.
Keys to the Game:
- Amerks: Offense- Do what they did against the Bears on Saturday. Defense- Do the opposite of what they did against the Bears on Saturday, i.e. not suck. The same goes for the goaltending
- Bulldogs: Do exactly what they did against the Marlies on Saturday (suck).
I don’t know my seats yet, but I’m always up for a tweetup before the game or between periods
Tonight’s game song is “By The Sword In My Hand” by TYR.
In Coach Rolston we trust.