Game Preview: Griffins at Amerks, 10/19/2012
Time for another Amerks game preview! Tonight’s game will feature the Grand Rapids Griffins (Red Wings) versus the Rochester Americans. Tonight we find out what, exactly, the Amerks are made of as they take on a team that is just below them in the Western Conference. Will they be able to find their cajones and squash the pestilence that is the Griffins, or will they have the same performance as Tuesday against the B-Sens? Questions, my friends, will become answers. After the jump you’ll find my preview of what may or may not be a fantastic game. Hopefully the former.
I’ll spare you the boring words and skip directly to the numbers.
- Amerks: 3GP 1-2-0-0, Currently 11th in the Western Conference
- Griffins: 2GP 0-1-0-1, Currently 12th in the Eastern Conference
- Amerks: 7 GF, 11 GA
- Griffins: 5 GF, 7 GA
- Amerks: 60 PIM, 20 PKs, 6 PPGA, 70 PK%, 0 SHGF, Currently 23rd in the league
- Griffins: 40 PIM, 13 PKs, 1 PPGA, 92.7 PK%, 2 SHGF, Currently 8th in the league
- Amerks: 18 PP chances, 2 PP Goals, 11.1 PP%, 1 (EN) SHGA, Currently 20th in the league
- Griffins: 7 PP chances, 2 PP Goals, 28.6 PP%, 0 SHGA, Currently 6th in the league
Goalies: (Numbers in parenthesis indicate rank. * indicates projected starter. If less than 60 Minutes played no rank is given)
- Amerks: David Leggio*, 3 GP 1-2-0-0, 3.29 GAA (29/33), 0.905SV% (20/33), 10 GA (32/33), Saves: 95 of 105 (1/33)
- Amerks: Connor Knapp (Rookie), ???
- Griffins: Tom McCollum*: 1 GP 0-0-0-1, 2.77 GAA (22/33), 0.917 SV% (16/33), 3 GA (Number better than 32/33), Saves: 33 of 36 (19/33)
- Griffins: Jordan Pearce, 1 GP 0-1-0-0, 3.07 GAA, 0.903 SV%, 3 GA, Saves: 23 of 26
Forwards & Defensemen: (Points, Goals, Shots) (Minimum 1GP)
- Amerks (Corey Tropp and Maxime Legault not included): 10/18 have points, 4/10 have goals, 5 goals on 75 SOG by 18 players (0.067 Shot %)
- Griffins: 10/20 have points, 5/10 have goals, 5 goals on 41 SOG taken by 10 players (0.122 Shot %)
Forwards & Defensemen: Rookie Skaters (Minimum 1GP)
- Amerks: 3 forwards, 1 defenseman. 1G, 1A, 11 SOG
- Griffins: 3 forwards, 1 defenseman. 0G, 0A, 0 SOG
Of course the above could all be rendered moot by the coaches using a player they haven’t used yet, or switching up goalies. We’ll find out come game time on Friday.
Keys to the Game:
- Amerks: Do the opposite of what they did on Tuesday.
- Griffins: Do the opposite of what the B-Sens did on Tuesday.
I’ll be in my usual seat (Section 114, Row G, Seat 13) so feel free to stop by and have a super awkward conversation with me between periods.
Tonight’s game song is “Stand Up and Fight” by Turisas.**
In Professor Rolston (and small sample sizes) we trust.
**I’m not looking for a literal fight with fists and whatnot, I’m looking for a fighting effort. Which is something we did not see on Tuesday.